Did You Give Your 10?Downtown Joplin
As we close 2015, we’re asking supporters of downtown to commit to giving $10/month for the next 12 months. For the price of two fancy coffees, you can impact Joplin in a substantial way. Have you joined us?
Answer 1: I forgot, but I’m ready.
That’s alright. It happens. We forgive you. You can do it now. Just click that little blue button. (Don’t forget to check the “Make This Recurring (Monthly)” box.
Answer 2: I’m on the fence.
It’s ok to have questions. Perhaps you’re wondering: Why should I support downtown?
Here are just a few reasons:
- Jobs. Downtown is home to some of the largest employers in a community.
- Local. Downtown supports the biggest concentration of locally owned businesses. Independent ownership keeps profits in Joplin.
- Downtown reflects Joplin. This is critical to business retention and recruitment efforts. When a professional or company is looking at Joplin for potential relocation, they look at quality of life.Included in quality of life is downtown — is it healthy and viable, or does it represent local disinterest and failure?
- Historic Preservation. There are a number of incentives to downtown development, including historic tax credits. Want to contribute to the environment and sustainability? The greenest buildings are already built.
- Downtown is unique. Downtown Joplin offers the most unique shopping and dining experiences in the region– Hackett’s Hot Wings, Red Onion Cafe, Instant Karma, Midtown Pizza Kitchen, Wilder’s, M&M Bistro, Sawmill BBQ, Club 609, Joplin Ave Coffee, Infuxn…(there are just so many to choose from and we haven’t even mentioned the night life!).
- Downtown is the historic core of our community. The downtown buildings hold our history and heritage. Our story is here.
- But most importantly, downtown provides a sense of community and place. It’s where we gather, where we celebrate, and where our traditions are carried out.
This is just some of what we love about downtown.
We are dedicated to creating a city that people love. We hope you’ll join us.
Thanks so much,