These posts contain recipes.
- 1 small seedless watermelon (or 1/4 of a large one)
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Feta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cut the watermelon in half. Using a large spoon, scoop out bite-size pieces of the watermelon and add to a large bowl or platter (you should get about 8 cups).
Slice the onion into thin half moons and scatter over the watermelon. Then scatter the basil leaves over the top.
Crumble the Feta over the salad. Drizzle with the oil and lime juice and sprinkle with the salt and pepper (about 6 turns on pepper mill).